Sunday, February 10, 2008

IF: 'Choose'


I think I often feel pressured to choose one thing from the other, when making a choice is the last thing I want to do. Because by making a choice you inevitably leave something out. And sometimes - not always - that's not what you want.

The topic for this week's illustration on illustration friday was 'choose'. This particular illustration is quite an old one and figures in a post on my other blog. It might provide answers as to why I 'chose' this illustration for 'choose'.

3 comments:

Toni said...

True words, I agree. Your piece is straight out of one of my recurring dreams, too -- the double windows, climbing thru, stairs. Sometimes choice just feels like scary WORK and not adventure at all. I like this enormously.

tusen said...

very interesting piece.

ed said...

Very interesting concept, it makes me thinking. I like the match between drawing and handwriting.